Thiruchsemponsey or Perarulaalan Perumal Temple is dedicated to Hindu god Vishnu located in Thirunangur, a village in the outskirts of Sirkazhi in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
Constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture, the temple is glorified in the Divya Prabandha, the early medieval Tamil canon of the Azhwar saints from the 6th - 9th centuries AD. It is one of the 108 Divya desam dedicated to Vishnu, who is worshipped as Peralulalan and his consort Lakshmi as Allimalar Nachiyar.
This is the temple for which Lord Himself raised the fund to build this temple. Lord blesses devotees facing east. Perumal is praised by many names as Semponnarangar, Herambar and Perarulalan. The Vimana above the sanctum is known as Kanaka Vimanam.
He is Arulalan in His Paramapatha kingdom. As He is also with us for ever pouring his grace, He is called Perarulalan-All Merciful. Mother Alli Mamalar Nachiar is gracing the devotees along with Mother Bhoomadevi.
Rama, the seventh avatar of Vishnu came to this place after killing Ravana. He made a golden idol of a cow and gifted to a Brahmin from the ashram of sage Dranethra, from where the place obtained its name.
Thiru Semponsei Perarulaalan Divyadesam is the middle among the 11 Thirunangoor Divyadesams, located in Seerkazhi, Nagapattinam District.Devotees who worship the Perarulaalan here Thirusemponsei will be relieved of from their poverty and get blessed with good jobs and progress financially.
Aipasi Brahmmotsavam is being celebrated in the months of October and November on the Swathi Nakshatra Day, the Birth Star of Perumal. On the day following Thai Amavasya, New Moon day in January / February, Perumal of this temple joins the 11 Garudaseva festival 11 Perumals coming in procession on Garuda.
Dasavathara paintings on the walls of the temples are eye catching one and should not be missed out. Lord Shiva performed Ekadasa AShwamedha Yaga here.
Thirusemponsei Divyadesam open from Morning 07:00 AM to 10:00 AM and in the Evening from 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Moolavar : Perarulaalan. Hema Rangan
Utsavar : Sempon Ranganathar, Mukundhan
Thayar : Allimalar Nachiyar
Blessing Posture : Standing Pose Facing East Abaya Hastham
Vimanam : Kanga Vimanam
Theertham : Hema Pushkarini, Kanaga Theertham
- Do pray your Ishta Devata before pilgrimage to Temple.
- Do contact Temple Devasthanam information centre for enquiry, temple information and for Pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at Temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do respect religious sentiments at Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only.
- Do not come to Temple for any purpose other than worshipping of God and Goddess.
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple.
- Do not eat non-vegetarian food in the Kshetram.
- Do not approach mediators for quick Darshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others.
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple.
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets, caps, turbans and hats inside the temple premises.
- Do not perform Sastanga Pranama inside the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- Do not take much time while performing Sparsa Darshanam to God in Garbhagriha.
- Do not buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Do not encourage beggars at Temple.
- Do not spit or create nuisance in the premises of the temple.