The temple of Shrinkhala devi is near Kolkatta.It is said that it is in Hugli dist in a place by name Pandua.I had been to the place where the temple of Shrinkhala devi was supposed to be in the past.but at present there is such temple in that place.
A minar was built there by muslim invaders. There were ruins of temple infront of minar.There is a temple of Hanseswari mata which is regarded as Shakti peetha which is very close to this place.
Body part : Devi's stomach part has fallen here.
At present there is no temple in the place, a minar was built there by muslim invaders and at present the place is under the protection of Archeological society of India, the door was locked and when we enquired the way inside we came to know that entry was banned into the temple (the so called minar) because of security reasons, but there were clear cut and significantly distinguishable features at the main door of the construction showing that it was once the main entrance of a Hindu temple probably of Shrinkhala Devi. There were ruins of temple infront of minar.
Shrinkhala Devi Temple Pandua is located in Hooghly,West Bengal .This temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga and is one among 18 Maha Shakthi Peethas.
Sati, the wife of Shiva, sacrificed herself at the Yajna performed by
her father Daksha, a very distraught Shiva started dancing with her
body. He was dancing the dance of destruction. And the gods said, "Oh,
we are doomed! Shiva is dancing the dance of destruction.
Vishnu took his bow and cut the body of Sati into fifty-one pieces with
his arrows. And wherever a piece of the Divine Mothers body fell on
earth, that place became a Shakti Peetha.
Sati Stomach is felled in Shrinkhala Devi temple. This place is Known as shakthi Peethas.Rishyshringa maharshi worshipped Srunkhala mata here and got the complete blessings of her.
One day he received an order from the goddess and went Shringeri of Karnataka. Srunkhala mata also came with the maharshi. Later Rishyashringi maharshi established the power of Srunkhala in and around the Shringeri hill.
Shrinkhala Devi is one of the eighteen Shaktipeeth. The word Shrinkhala has two meanings. The first one being, a Binding thread or Binding chain, second one is, a cloth which is used by the postnatal women to tie their abdomen tightly.
According to the first meaning the goddess is in bounded form. Of-course, Jaganmata is bound only to the lord Shiva (Satya). She removes all bonds attached to her devotees. In the second meaning the goddess is in postnatal stage ( Mother of a newborn baby), in this form, she will see the entire universe as her child. The devotees imagine him/ her as a new born baby of Shrinkhala mata. A complete surrenderance (Saranagati) and Sishu bhava is required to worship her
- Do pray your Ishta Devata before pilgrimage to Temple.
- Do contact Temple Devasthanam information centre for enquiry, temple information and for Pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at Temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do respect religious sentiments at Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only.
- Do not come to Temple for any purpose other than worshipping of God and Goddess.
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple.
- Do not eat non-vegetarian food in the Kshetram.
- Do not approach mediators for quick Darshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others.
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple.
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets, caps, turbans and hats inside the temple premises.
- Do not perform Sastanga Pranama inside the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- Do not take much time while performing Sparsa Darshanam to God in Garbhagriha.
- Do not buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Do not encourage beggars at Temple.
- Do not spit or create nuisance in the premises of the temple.