Sri Aravindha Lochna Perumal Temple is Located at ThiruKKulandai in Thirunelveli,Tamilnadu. Sri Aravindha Lochana Perumal Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
This Temple is also Known as Twin Tirupathi,Thulam Vil Mangalam and Tholai villi Mangalam. The Presiding deity of this Temple is Moolavar Thiru Aravindha Lochna Perumal.
This sthala perumal gave his prathyaksham for Indiran, Vaayu bhagavan and Varuna bhagavan. To live, we need to inhale the air and the air is Vaayu bhagavan and other necessary thing is water and it is varunan and the green land is Indiran. By giving the prathyaksham to these three, Emperumaan equalises them and explains to the the world how important and essential they are.
Kumudham means Dharbai Pul (Dharbai is one kind of Grass). Since, in this sthalam, the Yaagam was done, this sthala Vimaanam is called "Kumudha Vimaanam".
This entire world becomes so fresh and gives the Vegetation only because of the Rain that is coming down to the earth. Because of this, the Sthala pushkkarani is Varuna theertham.
Sri Aravinda Lochana Perumal
Temple is one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu Believed to have been visited by the 1 poet saints or Alwars.
This Temple is located at Thirukkulandai
in Thirunelveli district.
Sri Aravinda Lochna perumal temple is massive an impressive edifice.
The main Deity of sri Aravinda Lochana Perumal Temple is Moolavar Thiru Aravindha Lochna Perumal
Joining two Azhwar tirupathi sthalams, and it is considered to be a single divyadesam, this is called as "Twin Tirupathi
Both these two sthalams are found inside a small village where there is only small amount of human live.
In this sthalam, a munivar (rishi) named "Athreya Suprabha rishi", started and maintained a yaaga saali (place where yaagam is done). When he was cleaning the yaaga salai, he found out a bright Tarasu (equilibrium measuring instrument) and Bow. On touching those two, it Changed into a beautiful men and a women. They both explained him that they were changed into the tarasu and the bow because of the sabham, given by Kuberan it will end only if they are touched by Suprabha rishi. And after explaining this, they both got sabha vimocchan and got paramapadha mukthi.
Since, the tarasu (or otherwise named as "Thulaam") and bow (otherwise called as "Vil") both of tem got the vimocchan and went to paramapadham, this sthalam is named as "Thulam Vil Mangalam" and as the years passed the name changed to "Tholai villi Mangalam
The sthala Emperumaan explains and thinks that all the humans and all other living and non living things should lead their lives in an happy way, the perumal gives his seva both in Nindra and Veetrirundha thirukkolam.
- Do pray your Ishta Devata before pilgrimage to Temple.
- Do contact Temple Devasthanam information centre for enquiry, temple information and for Pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at Temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do respect religious sentiments at Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only.
- Do not come to Temple for any purpose other than worshipping of God and Goddess.
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple.
- Do not eat non-vegetarian food in the Kshetram.
- Do not approach mediators for quick Darshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others.
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple.
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets, caps, turbans and hats inside the temple premises.
- Do not perform Sastanga Pranama inside the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- Do not take much time while performing Sparsa Darshanam to God in Garbhagriha.
- Do not buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Do not encourage beggars at Temple.
- Do not spit or create nuisance in the premises of the temple.