This siddha has a mytjlogical story.One day Swamigal came to a place near Vepery which was his first disciple's place. The disciple was the doctors who use to feed him earlier. This place called as Chengalvarayar garden in vepery is a place where Vallal peruman also use to meditate. Many people started visiting him and swami had to come out of him mouna stage.
He used this time to teach thathuva neri, athuvitha nilai and gnanam below a kichili tree. Over a period of time many people started visiting him and the crowd started gathering frequently. This was a hindrance because there was no time available for him to be alone. So he left without telling anyone to podhigai malai.
After 3 years one of his disciples pleaded and got him back to chennai. Swami now came back and sat below a magilam tree this time. The disciple who got him back created a small ashram for him there. Swami used to lock the doors and meditate so that he doesn't get disturbed. He use to live only on milk for days together.
There were times when he went to samadhi state for 48 continous days without food. During this time a snake bit him and he stood in water for some time and the poison was washed away. People started visiting him on full moon days. There was anna dhanam during this periods and swami's fame started spreading like anything. There were many visiting to hear advices from him.
During this time there was a big meeting of sadhus held in garden. Many people got benefitted since they got a chance to meet many practioners during this 5 day festival.
The shrine for Sri Karapaatra Siddha is situated in vysarpadi,northern part of chennai.This also is a place that has 7 gnani's who had attained samadhi in the same campus. This place is similar to Sadhanandapuram in many aspects.
Swami created an ashram for himself and other Sadhus in Vyasarpadi. The ashram's land was bought by the collection of various donation.As Per writing it says the place was quiet area with small pond a nagaraj temple. Hence the anandashram was created there with help from various people in creating the buildings there. Over a period of time swami moved from chengalvarayar thottam to Vyasarpadi.
There were many rooms for disciples in ashram to meditate. The sadhu sangam had regular meetings now in Vyasarpadi including the pournami celebrations instead of chengalvarayar thottam. Veera subbiah swamigal was the one who regularly gave speeches . The another ashram he had created was in Padi.
- Do pray Your Ishta Devata before Pilgrimage to temple
- Do Contact Temple Devasthanam information center for inquiry ,temple information and for pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only
- Do not come to Temple for any Purpose other than worshiping of God and Goddess
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple
- Do not Eat Non Vegetarian food in the Kshetram
- Do not approach mediators for quick Dharshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets ,caps ,turbans and hats inside the temple premises