Natana gopala nayaki swamigal was born to poor weaver parents Rangariyar and Lakshmibai. His parents named him Ramabadran. Even as a child, he was not interested in worldly pursuits.
All efforts by his parents to induct him into the family profession of weaving were in vain. One day, he left the house and went to Tirupparankundram, one of the abodes of Lord Muruga, where he did penance for 12 years.
Then he had a vision that directed him to an ascetic, Nagalinga Adigal of Paramakkudi. He indulged in yogic feats like levitating at a height of six metres in a sitting posture. Impressed by his performance,Nagalinga Adigal gave him the name of Sadananda Adigal.
Before shedding his mortal coil, he asked that he be laid to rest on the road to Azhagar hills, his body facing the Narasingaperumal temple at Yanaimalai.
Swamigal stayed some days in Madurai. He used to go for unchaviruthi once in a month in Madurai, by using the bowl.Then he traveled to the southern side of Madurai, by walk, with disciples. He reached Alvarthirunagari and obtained Dharsan of Vadapathraararyar.
Vadapathraarayar led him to his house and initiated him in the path of Vaishnavism, and did consecration ceremony know as Panchasamskara and deeksha name Natangopal was bestowed on Sadhananda Siddhar.
He learned Divyaprabandam, hymns of the the alwaars. He expressed his eternal gratitude by stamping his Guru's name Vadapathraarayar in all the later verses. Then he went to Srivilliputhur and worshipped Andal and went to Srirangam there he enjoyed the Bliss of lord of sleeping beauty and he sang and danced in joy.
The Jeeyar Swami of Srirangam was much impressed by inordinate love of Natanagopal to Renganada which approximated to that of a lady. The Jeeyar accorded him with the title "Natanagopala Nayaki" and that became his name ever since.
led the life of an ascetic. While visiting holy cities he used to sing
the glory of the Lord in mellifluous songs in Saurashtra and Tamil. His
songs in Saurashtra numbering over 50, have been translated into Tamil. He finally merged with the Lord on the Vaikunta Ekadasi day in 1914.
- Do pray Your Ishta Devata before Pilgrimage to temple
- Do Contact Temple Devasthanam information center for inquiry ,temple information and for pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only
- Do not come to Temple for any Purpose other than worshiping of God and Goddess
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple
- Do not Eat Non Vegetarian food in the Kshetram
- Do not approach mediators for quick Dharshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets ,caps ,turbans and hats inside the temple premises