Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is Located at ThiruKKulandai in Thirunelveli,Tamilnadu. Sri Aravindha Lochana Perumal Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
The Presiding deity of this Temple is Moolavar Sri Srinivasa Perumal/ Thiru Venkadavan / Thiru Venkadamudayan, Utsavar - Mayakoothan with his consort Goddess Thirukkulanthai Valli Thayar/Alarmelvalli Thayar
The important Festivals of this Temple is Gaurda Sevai, Vaikasi Visakam, Vaikundha Ekadashi,
Sri Srinivasa perumal vimanam is Anandanilaya Vimanam,The Theertham provided by this Temple is Perungulam
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is also called as Thirukkulanthai, Nava Tirupati, Perungulam ,Balika Vanam ,Sani Kshetram.
In this sthalam, a very big lake (kulam) is found and because of this, the sthalam is also called as "Perungkulam"
In Vyazha bhagavan who is also called as Deva guru was given the seva of Emperumaan in this sthalam.
Kulam means wealth and it also means as "Maargazhi". The Emperumaan along with two pirattiyaars gives his seva in Aanandha stage and since there is a big lake (Kulam) that is found close to the sthalam, the sthalam is named as "Thirukkulandhai".
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu Believed to have been visited by the 1 poet saints or Alwars.
This Temple is located at Thirukkulandai in Thirunelveli district.Sri srinivasa Perumal temple is vast an inspiring edifice.The main Deity of sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is Moolavar Sri Srinivasa Perumal Perumal.
The legend has that a Bramin couple Vedasara and his chaste wife Kumudavalli were passionate devotees of Lord Sriman Narayana. They had no offspring for a long time. They underwent severe austerities after holy dip in the Perungulam Pushkarani, praying to Lord Srinivas on this sacred land. Soon, they were blessed with a girl child and they named her Kamalavati.
This stunning girl was a zealous devotee of Lord Vishnu at an early age. Her desire to attain Lord has become a yearning to get him as her husband. She followed strict austerities and worshipped Lord Srinivasa. The most compassionate Lord answered her prayers and married her in this sacred land. Thus, this place has got its name Balika Vanam.
Another legend has that Kumudavalli wife of Vedsara was abducted by a demon Amasura. He hid her safely on the caves of Himalays with an intention to marry her. Vedasara earnestly prayed to Lord for the protection of his wife. Lord hurried on his celestial vehicle Garuda to the caves of Himalaya and had a fierce battle with the demon. Finally, the demon was killed and Lord danced upon the body of the demon. Thus, the deity has got his name Mayakoothan.
- Do pray your Ishta Devata before pilgrimage to Temple.
- Do contact Temple Devasthanam information centre for enquiry, temple information and for Pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at Temple well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do concentrate on God and Goddess inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite your Istamantram to yourself inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Temple.
- Do respect religious sentiments at Temple.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only.
- Do not come to Temple for any purpose other than worshipping of God and Goddess.
- Do not smoke at Temple.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Temple.
- Do not eat non-vegetarian food in the Kshetram.
- Do not approach mediators for quick Darshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others.
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple.
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets, caps, turbans and hats inside the temple premises.
- Do not perform Sastanga Pranama inside the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- Do not take much time while performing Sparsa Darshanam to God in Garbhagriha.
- Do not buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Do not encourage beggars at Temple.
- Do not spit or create nuisance in the premises of the temple.